At Computex this year we showed off three new motherboards featuring dual Thunderbolt ports. We were fortunate enough to catch up with Jason Ziller, Intel's head of Thunderbolt Planning and Marketing, for a brief description of what makes Thunderbolt unique, the differences between the dual port and the single port options, as well as how things are progressing with the new top speed connectivity standard.
Of course, we have announced Intel Thunderbolt certification for these three models since this video was taken and you can find out more about our Thunderbolt offerings at he following links:
1. GIGABYTE Thunderbolt motherboards micro site: http://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/306/images/thunderbolt.html
2. Press release: GIGABYTE Launches World’s First Fully Certified Dual Port Thunderbolt™ Motherboards http://www.gigabyte.com/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=1140
3. Press release: GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 5 Technology Earns Best of Computex 2012 Award from Tom's Hardware http://www.gigabyte.com/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=1134 (two of our Thunderbolt boards have GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 5 technology)
4. Press release: GIGABYTE to Unveil New Motherboard Technologies at Computex 2012 http://www.gigabyte.com/press-center/news-page.aspx?nid=1125
5. Youtube video demo at the GIGABYTE Computex VIP suite:
6. Youtube introduction to the Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt RAID Storage: