On an healthy running system, you can easily update your BIOS using the @BIOS option found in the App Center. But in the unfortunate event that both your main BIOS and Backup BIOS becomes unavailable, or that you have a new CPU that requires a different BIOS, you will not be able to boot up your system to access the App Center. That is where QFlash Plus comes handy. Here are the steps to follow to flash your BIOS using QFlash Plus.
- Make sure your USB thumb drive is formatted in FAT32 and upload the BIOS you want to flash to it. You can find the latest BIOS version for your motherboard on GIGABYTE’s website : http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/download-center.aspx?ck=2
- Rename that BIOS file to GIGABYTE.BIN
- Turn OFF your system and plug in your USB thumb drive in the white USB port located at the BACK I/O panel.
- Turn your system ON and wait for the BIOS to be flashed. This step may take a few minutes, do not reboot your system or remove the USB thumb drive during that process. An LED located next to the white USB port will blink showing that the new BIOS is being uploaded to your system. Once this LED is turned off, the process is complete.
- Turn off your system, remove the USB thumb drive and restart your system.
In the following video, Colin gives you a demonstration on how to use QFlash Plus on GIGABYTE X99 motherboards.