Good news today ladies and gents, our exclusive USB Blocker utility that has been available on Intel platforms since August is now also available on both AMD FM1/FM2 and AM3+ platforms. For those of you who have missed it, the GIGABYTE USB Blocker is very simple utility that you can download and install for free on the gigabyte website that allows you block certain USB device types on your PC. This is a simple way to control what kind of devices can connect to your PC over USB, useful for example when you want to block USB thumb drives and hard drives on a public computer.
The GUI (above) is simple to use. You simply select the class of USB device that you would like to block, enter the password, select to block or unblock and you're done. Devices classes that are blocked will subsequently be ignored by the Windows 7 OS.
To start using the GIGABYTE USB Blocker:
- Go to your motherboard’s download page on the GIGABYTE website
- In the drop down menu, select ‘Utility’
- You’ll find the download link for USB Blocker on the list of available utilities
- Right click on the destination closest to your location
- Save to a specific folder on your hard drive
- Click on the installer and follow the on screen instructions
Note: USB Blocker requires that you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (full Version) installed. You can get that directly from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718